by Andrew Hull
What's It All About?
- A Murder Mystery for an acting company to perform to an audience
- The cast perform a script
- The audience members question the cast
- The audience try to work out whodunnit
What Does Lazy Bee Scripts Provide?
Lazy Bee Scripts supplies a pack of material, including:-
- An Overview for the Organiser, including
- Guidelines for preparing the mystery
- Guidelines for running the mystery
- Suggested timings
- The script for 2 scenes
- Character Briefs for each character
- Character description
- Character history
- The Solution
- Additional Materials
- Written clues, including a newpaper report, official letters, a coded letter, and a location plan
- Pages of the 'Siddlington Times', designed to be customised with photographs of the performing company.
- Detective Sheets for the audience to submit their accusations
|What's an Interactive Murder Mystery?
- A combination of drama from an acting company and detective work from the audience
- In this case
- The mystery is set at a rehearsal of Twelfth Night (at which the audience might be theatrical society members.
- The cast perform scripted action during which a murder takes place.
- In addition to clues from the on-stage action, the audience has a variety of written material to help them resolve the mystery.
- The audience interrogate the cast and try to work-out whodunnit.
- This Mystery Needs
- An 'acting company' of 10 people, including at least 5 men and 4 women
- One set comprising furniture
- Estimated run times (which may vary enormously!)
- Scripted elements: 50 minutes
- Audience interrogation: 10 minutes
|Want to know more? Download the (pdf) Taster Pack
What's the Mystery Here?
Siddlinton Operatic and Dramatic Society are rehearsing their production of Twelth Night and things are getting a little fraught.
There's Andrew Hart the director, trying to hold the rehearsal together
His wife, local heiress Elizabeth is a bit of a prima donna
Graham Heatherington is a womaniser as well as an actor.
The production manager, Lynne is Graham's long-suffering wife.
David Boothroyd is an actor and local businessman.
Dance school manager, Kathy is David's wife
John Bradley is the company's stage manager
Jo Deacon is a new member
Gary Collins is another newcomer
There's also a Narrator on hand to manage the proceedings.
The rehearsal goes badly. Just how badly is evident from the title!
It's up to the audience to solve the mystery.