by Lesley Gunn
What's It All About?
- A Murder Mystery for an acting company to perform to an audience
- The cast perform a script
- The audience members question the cast
- The audience try to work out whodunnit
What Does Lazy Bee Scripts Provide?
Lazy Bee Scripts supplies a pack of material, including:-
- An Overview for the Organiser, including
- Guidelines for preparing the mystery
- Guidelines for running the mystery
- Suggested timings
- The script for 5 scenes
- The Solution - 2 different endings (to allow multiple performances without spoilers!)
|What's an Interactive Murder Mystery?
- A combination of drama from an acting company and detective work from the audience
- In this case
- The members of the acting company play the roles of participants and organisers of a village baking competition.
- (There is the option to use non-speaking extras as fete visitors.)
- The acting company plays a series of scripted scenes culminating with a murder.
- The audience has the chance to interrogate the suspects before making their accusations.
- This Mystery Needs
- An 'acting company' of 10 people, including at least 3 men and 6 women
- 3 sets including furniture and flats or backdrops
- Estimated run times (which may vary enormously!)
- Scripted elements: 40 minutes
- Audience interrogation: 10 minutes
|Want to know more? Download the (pdf) Taster Pack
What's the Mystery Here?
As baking fever hits the country, the village fete organisers in the village of Crabblebottom preparing for their annual confectionary competition. We meet various villagers in the run-up and the competition.
Heading the fete committee, there's Major Gordon Watt a retired army officer.
Philip Stanton is a (non-baking) committee member.
His wife Hilary Stanton is an ardent baker and committee member.
In previous years, the competition has been judged by Patricia McLaren she is influential, but disliked.
A celebrity chef, Eduardo D’Angelo has just moved to the village and agreed to judge.
Caroline Fountain is one of the old school of village bakers
Sarah Mead is a baker, treated with suspicion after the disappearance of her husband.
Sophie a village baker
Maisie a village baker
Detective Sam Nelson is, fortuitously, at the fete.
This year there is a change of plan, as the bake-off turns into a bump-off. Sam is on hand, but can't solve the mystery by himself. Their fete is in your hands!