by Patricia Gay
What's It All About?
- A Murder Mystery for an acting company to perform to an audience
- The cast perform a script
- The audience try to work out whodunnit
What Does Lazy Bee Scripts Provide?
Lazy Bee Scripts supplies a pack of material, including:-
- An Overview for the Organiser, including
- Guidelines for preparing the mystery
- Guidelines for running the mystery
- Suggested timings
- The script for 3 scenes
- The Solution
- Additional Materials
- Detective Sheets for the audience to submit their accusations
|What's an Interactive Murder Mystery?
- A combination of drama from an acting company and detective work from the audience
- In this case
- The acting company perform three scripted scenes in which Detective Inspector Murray investigates the murder.
- The scenes contain all the information necessary for the audience to solve the mystery - if they are sharp enough.
- The audience working in small teams, write their suspicions on an accusation sheet.
- After the audience have submitted their accusations, the acting company play a final scene in which the guilty party is revealed.
- This Mystery Needs
- An 'acting company' of 4 men and 4 women
- One set comprising flats or backdrops
- Estimated run times (which may vary enormously!)
- Scripted elements: 40 minutes
|Want to know more? Download the (pdf) Taster Pack
What's the Mystery Here?
The village of Sodbury End has been run efficiently and firmly by one Jennifer Jardine. Until that is, Mrs Jardine is blown sky-high in her allotment shed whilst potting up a monkey puzzle tree.
Investigating the case is Detective Inspector Grace Murr who finds a village peopled with suspicious characters:-
Brenda Alnutt the pretentious landlady of the village pub
Bernie Alnutt her henpecked husband
The Reverend Simeon Knatchbull the genial vicar of the parish church
Mo Mole a cleaner
Sid Mole the surly grave digger
Edward Jardine widdower of the victim
Maisie Coggins the local beautitian
All the villagers are quick to assert that Mrs Jardine was such a lovely person and they cannot believe that anyone would want to murder her. But the Inspector digs deeper and unearths some different tales ...