by Lesley Gunn
What's It All About?
- A Murder Mystery for an acting company to perform to an audience
- The cast perform a script
- The audience members question the cast
- The audience try to work out whodunnit
What Does Lazy Bee Scripts Provide?
Lazy Bee Scripts supplies a pack of material, including:-
- An Overview for the Organiser, including
- Guidelines for preparing the mystery
- Guidelines for running the mystery
- Suggested timings
- The script for 4 scenes
- The Solution
|What's an Interactive Murder Mystery?
- A combination of drama from an acting company and detective work from the audience
- In this case
- The acting company perform four scripted scenes in which the murder takes place and the detectives investigate.
- The scenes contain all the information necessary for the audience members to solve the mystery - if they are sharp enough.
- There is (optional) opportunity for the audience to interrogate the cast. Working in small teams, the audience members write their suspicions on an accusation sheet.
- After the accusations have been submitted, the acting company play a final scene in which the guilty party is revealed.
- This Mystery Needs
- An 'acting company' of 4 men and 5 women
- One set comprising furniture
- Estimated run times (which may vary enormously!)
- Scripted elements: 55 minutes
- Audience interrogation: 10 minutes
|Want to know more? Download the (pdf) Taster Pack
What's the Mystery Here?
It is the winter of 1923. The heirs of the late Lord Ernest Rothersfield’s have realised that the provisions of his will are only valid until the Christmas following his wife's eightieth birthday. A gathering at the Rothersfield's home includes:-
The lady in question is The Dowager Lady Dorothy Rothersfield - eighty and forthright.
Annabel Rothersfield their daughter
Lord Anthony Rothersfield their son
Lady Kathleen - Anthony's glamorous wife
Pip Cheverton - artist and close friend of Annabel
And of course, there's support from Mr Butler - the Rothersfield's butler, and
Mrs Cook - mistress of the kitchen
During the sitting for a painting by Pip Cleverton, an unexplained death occurs. Fortunately, Inspector Harry Moody and PC Joe Sullen are quickly on hand.