What does Lazy Bee Scripts pay royalties for?
Lazy Bee Scripts pays the author a royalty on every sale in which the author has a stake, including, but not limited to
- Paper copies of scripts
- (Downloadable) Master copies of scripts
- Performance licences
- Video licences
Who does Lazy Bee Scripts pay royalties to?
Lazy Bee Scripts pays royalties to whomsoever the author designates.
- The author
- The author's agent
- The author's literary estate (for deceased authors whose works are still in copyright)
- Multiple authors (including collaborations with composers)
- If so requested, we can pay all royalties to one person
- If so requested, we can split the royalties between multiple people
How much does Lazy Bee Scripts pay in royalties?
As part of the publishing process, Lazy Bee Scripts sets up a publishing agreement with each author.
That agreement sets out the royalties payable to the author (and explains how we calculate).
We may vary that agreement for different authors (and even between works for the same author)
based on our view of the market for the proposed work.
(We're a business, we're investing time and money in a work, we need (on average) to make a return on that work or we don't stay in business!)
Because we may vary the terms, we don't publish them here.
Our process is to get the author's agreement to the terms prior to the submission of a work.