Why this process?
We are dealing with hundreds of authors.
We need to keep track of our dealings with all of them.
Without a process, we would lose track.
The Eight Step Process
- Please fill in one of the flavours of our query form
- We'll respond by eMail (with terms and conditions if we like the idea, with a polite refusal if we don't)
- You submit the script (normally attached to an e-mail), formatted according to the Lazy Bee Scripts guidelines for plays
or the Lazy Bee Scripts guidelines for Interactive Murder Mysteries, as appropriate.
- We read the submission and either reject it or accept it for publication. If accepted, then
- The writer may be asked to submit a revised or corrected text (including corrections to rhyme) and any original music in one of the accepted formats
- We proof read and correct the text (and, score, where applicable), edit and format according to the house style.
- If the editing makes significant changes, then we will return the script to the author for checking
- When all parties are satisfied, we will publish on the Internet and on paper, publicise the publication, then settle back and wait for the orders to roll in. (Sometimes it is a long wait.)